rashelooo

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Favourite Song: Beatus

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:34 PM

Hello Serj,

I don't know if you will read thoses words, but without beleive there is no life :)
So, I have 1 thing to tell you and 2 questions :

- First just to thank you
Why? Because when I am listening to your music, I just feel alive! I feel connected! Your songs make me feel special, I can't explain that.

That is probably seems stupid, and you will think I am just one more stupid girl who is creasy about you, but I don't think it is that, because I don't know you inside and I am not this kind of girl.

- Second
Do you plane to sing in France, and around Bordeaux? The area is beautiful, specially the beach on the ocean, who is great when it is a little bit gray and windy. If you like wine, this is also one of the best place on the world to discover and taste some of them.
So playing for people who loves you in Bordeaux can be also the opportunity to connect to life, and nature. :)

- Last question...
I would like also to invite you to sit, talk and share views about music and life, on a place close to the ocean, or in my (very simple) house, what ever.
If you accept this invitation I will be the most happy woman of the earth.

I wish you inspiration, good vibs, healf and many happiness on your life, even if you don't answer to me ;)

Rashel, who vibes on your music and would like to anderstand more your lyrics.

PS: Sorry for my approximate english, I am french and not native english speaker

Edited by rashelooo, 01 December 2010 - 08:58 PM.

#512 kogame103

kogame103

Left of Center

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Favourite Song: Peace Be Revenged

Posted 03 December 2010 - 02:53 AM

I'm not sure if anyone has asked you this...

Do you like to Karaoke? ^__^ lol AND what is your favorite animal? :3

mine is a crow (weird huh?) XP

Serj Tankianが だいすき です!

#513 efimya

efimya

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Favourite Song: Gate 21 (Symphony)

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

DEAR SERJ ))) SOAD come back together!!! it is so great!!! England,Germany,France... what about the Russian? what about  the russian fans? we want SOAD too. Please think about it... hope/wait/love you

#514 linster

linster

Gate 21 Conspiracist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts
  • Favourite Song: Beethovens C***

Posted 06 December 2010 - 02:34 AM

Hey Serj,

I've got many questions to ask you, but I'll try and ask you as few as possible. Before I ask you any though, I just have to say how big a fan I am of everything you've done. Unfortunately, when I first got into system I was too young to go see you play, and when I was old enough you went on hiatus, which is why I am overjoyed by your reunion. Your solo work, alone and on the Serart album, and the music by Scars has been so amazing, which is why I am so excited for this summer, because I'll be on the front row and download festival to watch you play. I've waited so long to hear your heavenly voice live, and after missing your solo tour last year, I don't feel that this moment could have come at any better a time.

At the moment, I'm in my last year of college and am writing a 5000 word extended project entitled, "How has Serj Tankian's political views impacted on his music, poetry and perception of society within the USA and Armenia?". The title is a work in progress, as is the essay, and this is the reason for my questions. I would love an input of you, and if possible, any of the other System boys, because I want to do you all justice.

So here are my questions. Answer whichever you want, be that all or none.

Firstly, what is the metaphor in the poem metaphor? I could have a guess, but I would your answer to this more than to any of my other questions.
Can you recommend a better title, or is mine good enough?

I was thinking for the System songs I choose to write about, I would use the ones that are in the Screamers film. Would you recommend any others?

Which songs of yours would you suggest that I use?

Of your poems, from the Cool Gardens book, which would you suggest I use?

And finally, could you share your views on any of your songs or poems, or the current situation of the world? Please :D

I thank you so much for taking time out of your busy life to read all of what I have to say, and whether you respond to anything I say, I still feel honoured.

See you at download x

^^That is one of the coolest and most personally passionate things I've ever read here.

:wub:

I hope Serj sees this and somehow responds. You are worthy!

B)

#515 Earth Blue Eyed

Earth Blue Eyed

Gate 21 Conspiracist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 09 December 2010 - 07:06 PM

hey Serj, would you like to do a musical self-portrait? it is interesting how real Serj Tankian sounds...
If a body catch a body comin' through the rye? 
                                                                                                                                                                     - H.C.

#516 Guest_ManicDisorder_*

Guest_ManicDisorder_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Serj, do you believe in false medical diagnosis?

armen@konyalian.com

#517 Reign

Reign

Left of Center

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Favourite Song: Feed Us (Symphony)

Posted 31 December 2010 - 10:10 PM

"ANNOUNCE YOUR ANTHEMS ON THE CEILING, WE DANCE, ANNEXED BY POWER, CASUAL NECKTIES EMBRACE, THE HUNGRY HUNGER FURTHER, IMAGES RULE THROUGH THE MEDIA,COMMERCIAL ORWELLIANISM, PRODUCING UNVEILED ICEBERGS, RUNNING TRANSPARENT ELECTRICAL CABLES, CURVING STRING ENSEMBLES, WITNESSED BY HANGINGS FROM FLAGPOLES OF SOULS AVENGED BY DR.CLOCK, FRESH PAINT, NAKED MELTING FIGURES MIXING THE REVOLUTION AGAINST TV SENTENCING, AT THE HANDS OF BRUTAL MEN AND THIER MILITARY BUSINESS WORLD. LET US INSTIGATE THE REVOLT, DOWN WITH THE SYSTEM!"

I guess my question is when again, if ever?

"War is started by those who want it and fought by those who don't, for reasons that shouldn't exist." -Reign

#518 MaxxTankian

MaxxTankian

The Disowned King.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Favourite Song: Ching Chime

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

I'm Sure Serj Will Answear Somes Questions after Hollidays, dont worry guys, or.. if he dont, well then we dont know for sure :smile:

I just wanted to know, you, with your system guys, are doing some shows this summer, and as for your solo carer, u didint come to north america to finish the imperfect harmonies tour. will you finish it before the systems shows ? or after the show this summer ? the sooner the better, but i dont you do to it if you dont want you, i hope serj & all of your friends & all of you guys had great hollidays !

Thank you serj & thank you people !
We’re the day birds,
Deciding to fly against the sky.
Within our dreams, we all wake up,
To kiss the ones who are born,
Born To Die...

#519 Susan de Mazacz

Susan de Mazacz

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:15 PM

Hi Serj. This "question" won't be cool or funny or whatever, but I want to ask you for help to get the Armenian Genocide recognized in the Czech Republic (Europe) where I live. I have several armenian friends from Lebanon and I'm so ashamed that our country hasn't recognized the genocide yet! I'm also in contact with one of the senators of our country, who is also interested in this case (actually he was at the memorial in Yerevan) and he promised that he'll do everything he can to get the recognition, but the majority of people in our country show no interests or they don't even know about this problem and I think that it's really big mistake. The senator suggested to me that I should try to do some "online petition" for example on Facebook - to see if we have a chance to make people be more interested about it. So I made the facebook page about 3 months ago, I invited there all of my friends and ask them to spread it, but to my unpleasant surprise only about 60 people "clicked the like button" and about quarter of them are Armenians themselfs. I'm really sad about it, but I don't know what more I can do as an ordinary person, so you're in fact my last chance to do something about it. If you decided to take pity on me, PLEASE post the link of my page from some of your official sites http://www.facebook....106825409384216 ....I really don't do it for myself or to be "interesting". I just wanna help, but I don't know how. If you have any other suggestions or advice, my mail is ZuzkaMazacova@seznam.cz I would be really grateful for any kind of response.

I wish you to succeed in everything you do. I admire & respect you deeply. Stay who you are forever. God bless you.

PS - I'm sorry if for my bad Enlish and wasting your time

With love, Susan from Czech Republic

#520 Dejan

Dejan

Left of Center

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Favourite Song: Gate 21

Posted 08 January 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hi Serj
What is your political attitude?
I mean are you a comunist or are you only a liberal person or do you say "Everything is stupid and so I wont choose any of them"?
I hope you understand my question.
The other Question ist:
Is the Suit, which you wear on th Imperfect Harmonies Cover, ever going to be sold in the Store? My personl oppinion is that a contest would be cool^^
Thx Serj ^^

#521 Bejewzus

Bejewzus

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Favourite Song: Empty Walls

Posted 10 January 2011 - 06:51 AM

Hey Serj,
I was re-reading Philip Pullman's series "His Dark Materials"--very good books by the way--and I Ching plays a prominent part in the second and third books. A bit after I had revisited that point, I listened to Electrons and heard I Ching mentioned. I wanted to ask if you had known about I Ching through other sources or if you had read Pullman's books and gotten interested from those.

Thanks,
Pete Estenik

#522 Tedy

Tedy

Left of Center

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Favourite Song: Disowned Inc.

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

I noticed that you play some of your live songs in different keys than the album versions. Why? :smile:

#523 Ruben Schiller

Ruben Schiller

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:34 PM

Hi Serj!
I my question have all ready been picked! by EMGG Posted Image

so heres another one: Do you know how handsome you are?

#524 Virginia

Virginia

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:47 AM

Ok...

Questions:

I really want to change, help the world. I'm vegetarian, I try to use things that usually are considered trash, I don't use the elevator anymore, just the stairs. But, I think this isn't enough. I want to do more, but i'm only fifteen. What else can I do?

Oh, and, about you being vegetarian, is there lot of pressure on you too?

And, huh. Here, in Brazil, I didn't find the Imperfect Harmonies. Do you know why?

That's it.

Keep with this wonderful job. Peace.

@OhNoes_
viviba4@hotmail.com

Edited by Virginia, 15 January 2011 - 02:58 AM.

#525 Guest_Armenian_*

Guest_Armenian_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2011 - 05:14 AM

Serj, what is your opinion on this new zodiac sign added?
As of now i study Science of Mind but in the process of establishing my own belief system.

on Dec 31, 2010 i posted my 2011 predictions on facebook...
One of my four predictions was that a new religion will be formed.

Like millions of others ... i believe religion is based on the sun and stars (12 zodiacs, 12 months, 12 diciples, etc.)
I believe my prediction about a new religion being formed has come to life with a new zodiac being added.
... new sign ... new religion.

I would like to know your personal opinion because your creative arts (music, poetry etc.) helped me view things differently!

And i thank you for that.

#526 Naira

Naira

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Favourite Song: Yes, It's Genocide

Posted 16 February 2011 - 01:21 PM

Hello, I wanted to ask you a question, but indeed I want to appeal you to help us (Armenian people). The problem is the following. Dino Gold Mining is going to exploit a mine at one km distance from Kapan in an open way. It is planned to cut 7000 trees. But indeed 50.000 trees will be cut. The project's expediency from the point of view of job creation is beneath criticism. Ore reserves in the mines total nearly 12.4 million tons. The company recovers 430,000 tons of ore yearly. The mines can be developed for 25 years, whereas open-cast development will result in 3-4 million tons of recovered ore yearly. In fact, exploitation term will be reduced to 4-5 years. Polymetallic mines which contain gold and silver also contain radionuclides and have high-level radiation. Drilling works for uranium reserves prospecting have already been launched in a distance of several kilometers from Kapan. So Kapan is trapped: the town is surrounded with objects having different hazard extents. First of all, these are dumps of Kapan combine, secondly, Geghanush tailing dump and thirdly, Artsvanik tailing dump, which belongs to Zangezour Copper and Molybdenum Combine and is located next to Kapan. It already stores 150 million cubic meters of dumps. On Kapan-Kajaran highway you can find two more closed tailing dumps belonging to Zangezour Combine. The Voghji River is running through Kapan Town where waters mixed with dumps and tails flow into this river. You can find a huge variety of heavy metals and toxic elements in all the above mentioned objects, which are buried in the earth, transferred with water, accumulate with dust from dumps and get into human organism together with food and water. They cause genetic mutations, affect immune and reproductive systems and bone tissues.I'm sorry for my letter, but It's the only thing I can do now. Thank you for all you have done, and sorry me for my English.

Edited by Naira, 16 February 2011 - 01:23 PM.

#527 Paragon

Paragon

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:16 AM

Well, Serj, I'd have to say my most pressing questions have already been answered. Except for one, and that one is very trivial, but I'd love if you answered it anyways. Who designs your clothing? Would it be possible to purchase a suit the same style as yours in the cover art for Imperfect Harmonies?

Much thanks, Chris.

#528 Naira

Naira

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 01:54 PM

I'm sorry about the people in New Zealand. It made me remember about the earthquake in Armenia in 1988. That's why I'd like to ask you what you're afraid of the most? What makes you feel like an unprotected child?

#529 Naira

Naira

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Hi! Do you think the increase in violent crime is the fault of television?

#530 LisaAz29

LisaAz29

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Favourite Song: Sky Is Over

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:38 PM

I was born and raised here in AZ (it is my home), but I do not agree with the current politics here. I am so passionate about these issues that I chose to get an education in Political Science (B.S.) and tirelessly work to make a difference in this backwards state. I am not alone. There are many, many people working very hard everyday here in AZ to fight the many wrongs in this state, but it seems that all those people that are supposed to support our efforts or inspire us to keep going... have simply turned their backs on us. Please tell me how it is that you (and others) think that turning away from this state is helping those that are here right now in AZ truly fighting for what is right? Because ultimately, you are all turning your backs on us to.

#531 efimya

efimya

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

спасибо.люблю.

#532 Virginia

Virginia

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

I'm sending this again, because I not could edit my post, to putanother question. So ...

I really want to change, help the world. I'm vegetarian, I try to useThings That Are Usually Considered trash, I do not use the elevatoranymore, just the stairs. But, I think this isn't enough. The more I want to, but I'm only fifteen. What Else Can I Do?

Oh, and, about You Being vegetarian, there is lot of pressure onyou too?

And, huh. Here, in Brazil, I did not find the Imperfect Harmonies. Doyou know why?

I keep wondering myself if you want to have children or wanted.

That's it.

Keep with this wonderful job. Peace.

@ OhNoes_
viviba4@hotmail.com

#533 Marina67

Marina67

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi Serj! Բարեւ Ձեզ Սերժ! Здравствуйте!

Мой сын плохо учиться. Следует ли мне, если он не сдаст экзамены, отпустить его на концерт 21.06.2011? Ведь у нас один билет на двоих!

My son studies badly. We have one ticket for a concert 21.06.2011. If he doesn't pass examinations, I should give it the ticket? There can be I will go on a concert?

#534 Xime♪♫

Xime♪♫

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:00 PM

Hi, I'm new in the forum, and I love your music...have you thought about coming to Chile?Posted Image

Hugs! Posted Image
Music is an illness, but I'm happy, because it doesn't have cure

Serj, you are SO sexy  :D

#535 Marina67

Marina67

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

Բարի օր թանկ Սերժ Թանկյան! I met you at the airport - not met. I waited at the hotel "Ararat" - but released only John. I came in the morning - but you already left! When you come to Moscow again?

#536 YulyaSam

YulyaSam

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:01 AM

Thank you, maestro, for everything you do!
I would like to know what did you mean in your poem METAPHOR?
I have a few suppositions, but it is very interesting to know what the author wanted to say in it.

With love.
Excuse me for my bad english)

#537 systemforeva

systemforeva

Gate 21 Conspiracist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Favourite Song: Honking Antelope

Posted 20 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hello Serj,

My question is this; Do you have any big plans ahead of you?

Thanks so much for this opptionity!

Phil
In your eyes forsaken me, In your though's forsaken, me In your Hearts forsaken me...

"Superman told me that we needed to make a double type of record... and so I answered, and I said ok superman, we will make a double type of record, but it won't be a double album because batman didn't want a double album."

~Daron

"Robin did, though."

~Serj

#538 Kalhev

Kalhev

Baby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Favourite Song: Praise the Lord, Pass the Ammunition

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:34 AM

Hi Serj
Happy birthday i wish you have a nice day. And I would like you to answer me a pair of questions
1.Why you & the System don't come to Mexico. Remember (borders dosn't exist)
2.Do you have brothers, wife or sons?
3.System of a Down is going to create a new album?
I wait for your response your fan Kalhev Tankian

Posted ImageFancy fucking you yeahhh!

#539 Lewis

Lewis

The Reverend King

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,001 posts
  • Favourite Song: Harakiri

Posted 25 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

Thanks a lot for all of your questions. We're not taking any more for the time being but once we start this up again, you'll all be the first to know.

Lewis

The Reverend King

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)